We are delighted to share with you a new and exciting National Beach Volleyball Tour. The VLY Beach Tour will provide a clear pathway from Participation to Performance.
- A new three-star grading system will deliver quality events for players of all abilities.
- A new ranking points system will be launched with each event having an official ranking point status.
- Beach Volleyball is exciting, dynamic, and vibrant, we want to showcase that to the world!
- Our absolute best athletes will be showcased.
- Clubs and other event organisers will have the opportunity to host official Beach Volleyball Tour Events
- 1* events will be fun, social and provide a great entry point for new players
- 2* events are more competitive with serious ranking points up for grabs
- 3* events are for our absolute best players – qualification is based on rankings and wildcard selections only!
- 3* events will replicate International tournament standards
- The Tour provides a clear pathway for referees to progress to Intl level.
- VLY Beach Tour aims to capture the key values of our sport (Youthful, Inclusive, Ambitious, Multicultural, Energetic, Dramatic and Fun)
- Junior Beach Tour events will be introduced at U20 & U16 age groups.
Irish National Beach Volleyball player Miriam Gormally gave her thoughts on what the new tour will bring to Beach Volleyball in Ireland “I am excited about the new VLY Beach Tour. The format will see us moving towards an international standard and allow more clubs to get involved. I am also looking forward to participating in the VLY Beach Tour which will bring higher profile competitions that will attract more people to the sport and raise the game. It’s a really exciting time for Beach Volleyball, The sky’s the limit!”