As part of Volleyball Ireland’s commitment to supporting the club game and the further development of the sport, we have partnered up with the Confederation Europeene de Volleyball (CEV) to launch a Schools Project.
The project is the brainchild of the CEV and includes the following;
- Equipment for Schools including 10 x Mikasa Soft Touch Volleyballs
- Official School-Club link agreements
- Coaching support from VI Development Officers
- Teacher resources including lesson plans and coaching ideas
- Blitz opportunity for students
How it works:
- Clubs apply to join the programme through the application form below, identifying a CEV Schools Project lead. Clubs will also identify potential coaches to work on the programme.
- The Club and Project Lead will work with VI staff to recruit 2 feeder schools located in close proximity to the club Primary School or Secondary School. The main target age is 10-13yrs).
- Volleyball Ireland provide support in delivering week 1 and week 3 training days for each school, plus teaching resources such as lesson plans Club Coaches if not already qualified, will attend a Level 1 Coaching Course.
- After the 5 week school programme is completed. Clubs will initiate the ALL STARS project which is transferring the students from school to club trainings for a further 6 week programme.
- 10 soft touch Mikasa training balls are provided to each participating school and club.
- Potential to Enter National Youth League Competition structure
Please note; any club that wishes to participate in the CEV Schools Project must have clear evidence that all coaches involved in the youth section are Garda Vetted, and that the club has a Designated Liaison Person and Children’s Officer appointed. If successful in their application, all clubs must provide a copy of their Child Safety Statement and Risk Assessment (as per Children’s First Act, 2015). If these elements are not in place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance and support.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions we are accepting expressions of interest from clubs only at this time. The programmes will launch once restrictions are lifted and schools are open for programmes once again
Please contact Conor for further information on the programme. Application forms can be found at the link below