Reframing the Challenge & Returning to Volleyball | Updated September 2021
Volleyball Ireland are delighted to welcome the news that from 20th September, indoor Volleyball can return.
The updated protocols are available here.
The guidelines in the protocol document relate to the easing of restrictions as set out by Government in their COVID-19 plan: Reframing the Challenge; continuing our recovery & reconnecting.
These measures are part of a phased approach of lifting the public health restrictions that were put in place to protect us all from COVID-19 and will only occur if the National Public Health Emergency Team says that the conditions are right for a further relaxation of the restrictions in place.
The plan is broken down into three phases:
• Now until September 20
• September 20 to October 22
• October 22 & beyond
Summary of Restrictions
Until September 22
· Outdoor training and play only in pods of 15
· No Indoor team training
Sept 20 – Oct 22
· Patrons with proof of immunity can return to full team training
· For sessions with participants that have mixed-immunity status, pods of 6 must apply;
Pods of up to 6 participants will be permitted (excluding adult leaders/teachers). Number of pods will have regard to the size of venue and social distance between individual pods.
· Patrons with Immunity are defined as ‘fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19 in the last six months’
· Restrictions lifted on outdoor activities
October 22 & Beyond
· All restrictions removed
· Continue to minimise risk where possible
Members can keep an eye on the Volleyball Ireland website for more updates. Updates will also be sent to the club secretary.