TY Volley is a Transition Year Volleyball program for girls and boys. The students are trained up as volleyball coaches and deliver a 6-week introduction game to younger students. The TY leaders then organise and run a blitz at the end of the program for all the students they have coached.
Who is it for?
Any post-primary school in Ireland with TY boys and/or girls who would be interested in developing their leadership and organisational skills through becoming a volleyball coach.
How does it work?
- Students will be given pre-course reading material detailing all about the course and volleyball skills and rules.
- Students must sit and pass an online exam before the course delivery day.
- A Volleyball Ireland tutor will deliver a full day TY Leadership course to TY students on how to introduce the game to younger students.
- Students then deliver a 6 week volleyball programme to either local primary schools or younger age groups within their school
- The program will include information on coaching, refereeing, administration and public relations.
- To close the programme, students will organise and run a blitz with the groups they coached
What are the benefits?
- Develop leadership, event management, administration & life skills among Transition Year Students.
- TY Leaders will gain skills, knowledge and experience in coaching which will help them in the future as a coach or with the setting up of their own volleyball/sports club.
- Further promote volleyball in school & in the local community.
- Enhance the profile of the Transition Year Programme in your school in the local community.
- Volleyball Ireland Leader Certificate.
- Students will receive logbooks and all necessary coaching materials.
How much does it cost and what are the conditions?
The cost varies between 20€ and 25€ per participants depending on the number of participants. Schools must have a minimum of 12 participants willing to take part in the programme. The cost includes pre-course reading material, logbooks, t-shirts, 2/3 soft training balls and 1 full day course.