TY Volley is a Transition Year Volleyball program for girls and boys. The students are trained up as volleyball coaches and deliver a 6-week introduction game to younger students. The TY leaders then organise and run a blitz at the end of the program for all the students they have coached.
Who is it for?
Any school in Ireland with TY boys and girls who would be interested in becoming volleyball coaches.
How does it work?
- Students will be given pre-course reading material detailing all about the course and volleyball skills and rules.
- Students must sit and pass an online exam before the course delivery day.
- A Volleyball Ireland tutor will deliver a full day TY Leadership course to TY students on how to introduce the game to younger students.
- Students then deliver a 6 week volleyball programme to either local primary schools or younger age groups within their school
- The program will include information on coaching, refereeing, administration and public relations.
- The students will receive a Volleyball Ireland Leaders Award Certificate.
- Students will organise and run a blitz in their school.
What are the benefits?
- Develop leadership, event management, administration & life skills among Transition Year Students.
- TY Leaders will gain skills, knowledge and experience in coaching which will help them in the future as a coach or with the setting up of their own volleyball/sports club.
- Further promote volleyball in school & in the local community.
- Enhance the profile of the Transition Year Programme in your school in the local community.
- Volleyball Ireland Leader Certificate.
- Each school will receive 3 Balls.
- Students will receive logbooks and all necessary coaching materials.
How much does it cost and what are the conditions?
The cost is €25 per participant. Schools must have a minimum of 12 participants willing to take part in the programme. The cost includes pre-course reading material, logbooks, 3 balls and 1 full day course.