Volleyball Ireland are seeking applications for a suitably qualified person to take up the Chairperson role on the organisation’s Audit & Risk Committee. This Committee plays an important role ensuring the sound governance of the organisation.
Interested parties can apply by sending a CV and brief cover letter explaining their suitability for the role to Volleyball Ireland General Manager Gary Stewart; firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to contact Gary for further information. The Deadline for applications is Tuesday May 11th 2021.
The Audit & Risk Committee will assist and provide advice to the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities to members and other stakeholders in relation to the adequacy of the systems of internal control and risk management of financial and non-financial risks and reporting of results.
The Audit & Risk Committee will also;
• Monitor and review Volleyball Ireland’s internal control and risk management system.
• Monitor the integrity of the financial statements; reviewing significant financial reporting judgements.
• investigate any activity within its terms of reference or specifically delegated to it by the Board. It is authorised to request any information it requires from any Director, employee, external audit, internal audit or other assurance provider.
• Will meet with the auditors once per year, and recommend to the Board the appointment, removal and remuneration of the Auditors.
• Review Audit representation letters before consideration by the Board.
• Assess the adequacy of levels of Insurance.
• Review the Risk Register on a regular basis.
• Review the outcome of any risk compliance issues.
More information on the role is available here > Audit Committee Chair