Volleyball Ireland has three vacancies on the current Board of Administration. The Board Member position is an integral part of good governance.
More information on the roles and the requirements is available here > Director Info Pack Nov 2023
1. Ordinary Board Member
• to be nominated by two member clubs, one proposer and one seconder
2. Independent Board Member
• To be recommended by the Volleyball Ireland Nominations Committee. The nominated candidate will be approved by the Board and put forward for ratification by members at the AGM. Independent Board Members must apply for this role
• Interviews will be held w/c January 8th
3. Honorary Treasurer
• To be nominated by two member clubs, one proposer and one seconder
• Due to a recent resignation we have a new vacancy arising
The deadline for nominations and applications is Thursday January 4th. An EGM will be held on Saturday January 27th to elect all new Directors. New Directors will be appointed for a three-year term ending at the 2027 AGM.
2024 AGM Elections
The three roles listed above are current vacancies. At the 2024 AGM in June, the following positions will also be available for election:
• Vice President
• 1st Independent Board Member
• Honorary Secretary
Current Board Members
In-line with the Constitution, clubs cannot have more than one member on the Board. The Board will maintain gender balance, with at least 40% of directors from each sex.
All applicants for the Treasurer and Ordinary Director positions must be nominated and seconded, by a member club of Volleyball Ireland. Club Secretaries must submit nomination forms by Thursday January 4th.
Independent Directors must apply for the role, with a Nominations Committee making a recommendation to the Board, which is ratified by members at the AGM.
For more information please contact Volleyball Ireland CEO, Gary Stewart via email; email@example.com or call for an informal chat 0857650867.