Volleyball Ireland is seeking a voluntary treasurer to join our dynamic board. This is a pivotal and exciting role that will help shape one of Ireland’s most diverse sports.
Volleyball Ireland was established in 1968, and this year celebrates its 50th anniversary. Currently employing 5 full time staff, Volleyball Ireland has ambitious plans for it’s future development in line with it’s new 4 year strategy – Raising the Game. Some other facts;
- 951 teams participate in our National Schools Programme
- 40 adult teams compete in the VI National League
- The Beach Volleyball Ireland Tour is growing year on year
- Over 61 nationalities make up our adult playing pool
The Treasurer will actively participate on the board, working in close partnership with the President, General Manager and other Board members of Volleyball Ireland to safeguard the organisation’s finances. You will be responsible for ensuring that effective financial systems and procedures have been established, are being consistently followed and are in line with best practice & legal requirements.
All board members receive a comprehensive induction pack.
- Oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements to the management committee on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the General Manager and Board about financial matters
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
- Ensure that record-keeping & accounts meet the conditions of funders or statutory bodies
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Oversee preparation of accounts
- Present accounts at the AGM
- Ensure best practice is followed in all aspects of financial management of the company.
- 1 meeting per month, typically 2hrs in Dublin. Reasonable exps will be covered
- 5-6 hours per month accounts work
- Attendance at AGM (full day)
- Weekly phone call with General Manager
Screening Details For This Role
- Garda Vetting
- Reference Checks
- Informal Interviews
Please send your CV together with a one page covering letter via email to Gary Stewart, General Manager. Email; email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 9:00am Monday 17th December 2018.
Volleyball Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.