Keep up to date with weekly news on Monster Block!

Covid Club Re-Start Grant (round 2) and Net & Posts Scheme Allocation

At the end of 2020, Volleyball Ireland was awarded €21,500 as part of the Sport Ireland Resilience Funding. Volleyball Ireland decided to run a support grant to help member clubs re-start activity, and to help offset losses incurred during the pandemic. After the first round, which closed at the end of February 2021, in September 2021 round 2 was launched, with total available funding of €6450. 10 member clubs applied in order to receive funding for re-starting their club activities. Applications were measured and scored objectively out of 100 points on a number of areas. The club’s score out of 100 points determined how much they would be allocated.

Congratulations to the following clubs on their grant allocation:

  • Athenry Volleyball Club: €552.50
  • Balbriggan VC: €720.00
  • Ballymun Patriots VC: €692.50
  • Carrick Crows Volleyball Club: €612.50
  • Galway VC: €387.40
  • Gardians VC: €941.51
  • Kilkenny Spartan Volleyball Club: €335.00
  • Munster Thunder VC: €742.50
  • NET FORCE CORK VBC: €917.50
  • Tallaght Rockets Volleyball Club: €548.59

 

In October, VLY also launched a round of funding as part of our Net & Posts scheme. According to the scheme, VLY contributes 85% to the price of new competition equipment, while the remaining 15% is paid by the clubs. 4 successful clubs applied to substitute their equipment:

  • Athenry Volleyball Club: 1 set of wall-mounted competition posts
  • Ballymun Patriots VC: 1 set of floor fixed competition posts, 1 referee stand, 1 competition net
  • NET FORCE CORK VB: 1 set of floor fixed competition posts
  • Santry VC: 1 set of socketed competition posts, 1 referee stand, 1 competition net
 

A round 2 for the Net & Posts Scheme will be launched in early 2022.

Volleyball Ireland would like to thank the Government for investing the financial support into sport and Sport Ireland for distributing the funding.

VLY supports clubs with grant allocation. To stay up to date with funding opportunities, subscribe to Monster Block, Volleyball Ireland’s newsletter, here.

SHARE

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp