Expressions of Interest: Regional Development Centre Team Head Coach Roles
Volleyball Ireland are seeking Expressions of Interest for the roles of Regional Development Centre Head Coaches for U17 boys and girls in the East and West.
The Development Centre Coaches will work with players born in 2008 or later.
There will be head coaches appointed for:
- East Girls
- West Girls
- West Boys
- East Boys (appointed)
Boys: 2008, 2009, 2010
Girls: 2009, 2010, 2011 (and girls from 2008 who don’t make U18s team)
The goal is to have training sessions once a month, on the weekends of:
- 7-8 October, National Indoor Arena, VLY.Live
- 11-12 November, East and West venues
- 9-10 December, East and West venues
- Somewhere in 28 December – 5 January, joint training? East and West venues? Friendly vs Northern Ireland?
- 3-4 February, East and West venues
- 12-16 February Mid-Term camp
- 2-3 March, East and West venues
- 25 March – 5 April Easter holidays
- Visit from Manù Benelli and Volley Academy kids to play against us in Ireland.
- Venue: Maynooth University
- 27-28 April, Final Training, joint venue? East and West?
The voluntary positions will work alongside the Senior National Team Coaching panel and other junior national team pathway coaches to deliver a systemic and athlete centred performance programme.
The role will involve aiding the holistic and long term development of players just starting out on the pathway to the national teams.
A more detailed role description will be available to interested parties.
If you’re interested in the role please send a brief email to Matt Hanlon, Player Pathways Manager, indicating for which role you would like to be considered, outlining your suitability for the role; firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline; no later than Friday September 1st 2023.