Once clarification has been made, Volleyball Ireland will update and circulate our Return to Sport Protocols. Members should follow official Government advice in full.
Volleyball Ireland would like to thank all clubs, volunteers, coaches, players and parents for their time, commitment and perseverance adhering to the existing measures and for ensuring the safe return of sport in your communities so far. Volleyball sessions have been delivered diligently in line with existing Government guidelines.
In light of yesterday evening’s announcement the planned Junior Beach Volleyball Tour event planned for Bettystown Beach today (Wednesday Aug 19) has been postponed, as has the Kids Volley Camp in Bettystown (Thurs 20 and Friday 21 August).
A decision on the planned Foundation Coaching Course (Saturday Aug 22) scheduled in Dublin, will be made later today.
Updated Public Health Measures – Sport & Physical Activity
- Sport facilities can remain open.
- Sporting events and matches can continue to take place behind closed doors.
- Gatherings, including social gatherings, before or after events must be avoided. Participants should practice 2 metre physical distancing before and after events, during breaks in play, on the sidelines and team huddles should be avoided.
- Gyms/leisure centres/swimming pools/exercise and dance studios can remain open with strict distancing and other appropriate protective measures in place.
- Exercise and dance classes should be limited to 6 people and observe physical distancing rules.
- Groups exercising outdoors should be limited to 15 people, including training sessions. There should be no mixing between groups.
- It is recommended that those responsible for managing these facilities should have completed a risk assessment before reopening to manage the public health risk for their customers, attendees, participants, and staff.
- The assessment should consider the risk factors for getting COVID-19, that is Distance, Activity, Time and Environment, and include controls such as managed entry, improved hygiene facilities, and regular cleaning to limit these.
- Facilities should observe physical distancing guidelines and apply the public health checklist to their operation. Guidance on mass gatherings should also be followed.
- Facilities reopening with a return of staff should apply the Return to Work Safely Protocol. This has been designed to support employers and workers to put measures in place that will prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.