TY Volley is a Transition Year Volleyball programme for girls and boys. The students are trained up as volleyball coaches and deliver a 6-week introduction game to younger students. The TY leaders then organise and run a blitz at the end of the programme for all the students they have coached.
What are the benefits?
- Develop leadership, event management, administration & life skills among Transition Year Students.
- TY Leaders will gain skills, knowledge and experience in coaching which will help them in the future as a coach or with the setting up of their own volleyball/sports club.
- Further promote volleyball in school & in the local community.
- Enhance the profile of the Transition Year Programme in your school in the local community.
- Volleyball Ireland Leader Certificate.
- Each school will receive 3 Balls.
- Students will receive logbooks and all necessary coaching materials.
There are two options for the TY Programme.
OPTION 1: SPIKEBALL IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS
- TY students are trained up as SpikeBall coaches and go out and run the 6-week programme in their local primary schools.
- TY’s organise and run a blitz in their school for all primary school students that they have coached.
OPTION 2: MIDI-VOLLEYBALL WITH 1ST OR 2ND YEARS
- TY students are trained up as Midi Volleyball coaches and coach 1st of 2nd year students within their secondary school.
- TY students organise and run a blitz for all 1st and 2nd year students that they have coached.
- The 1st and 2nd place teams from the blitz enter the National TY Volley Finals at the end of the term.
If you are interested in the programme or are looking for some more information please contact Jessie, firstname.lastname@example.org.